Thursday, November 30, 2006

Blog Limbo.

What happens to a blog when it's left untended for a few months, without an update or a sign of life? In the case of this one, not much, at least for a while. In the last few days, however, the extended period of inactivity here has apparently attracted spammers. I have suddenly started receiving comments from anonymous sources kindly thanking me for the service my blog provides, then offering services of their own in the form of links to advertisements to products like hemorrhoid treatments and skin care. No doubt the source of these links is under the impression that this space has been abandoned, and so the owner -- me -- won't mind if a few billboards go up in the comments section of several posts.

Well think again.

The semester is nearly over. The Cloyd Head papers are nearly processed. This blog will return, in some form. And not in order to sell anti-wrinkle cream.

2 Comments:

Blogger EBB-Texan said...

I have missed your blog and I am am NOT trying to sell anything!
Betty

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now where will I go for my wrinkle cream needs?

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home